DMD - Windows

Trass3r un at known.com
Fri Jan 6 11:31:46 PST 2012

>> - Link with Unilink instead of DMD/Optlink.
> Why not use this instead of Optlink if it works?
> I'll check it out... though VisualD doesn't support this.

Cause its status is.. nebulous.
Closed-source, no homepage, just an ftp.
You have no guarantee it doesn't get abandoned one day.
Also what if there are blocking bugs and the author is away for some time?

>> - Use the Digital Mars COFF2OMF tool to convert to lib to OMF.
>> Unfortunately, the tool isn't free, but IIRC it's inexpensive.
> Seriously... I just simply won't bother, and write my app in C instead ;)

Exactly. That's what people will do/do/have already done.

> I could probably build my engine as a DLL... I've been planning to do
> this for a long time anyway.
> Maybe this is the extra bit of motivation I need to do it ;)

Good practice anyway. Code should always be modular.