DMD - Windows

F i L witte2008 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 12:45:10 PST 2012

Trass3r wrote:
> 2) use GDC, then you also get 64Bit:

wait... I was under the impression GDC and LDC can't build 64bit
apps for Windows. Or are you talking about the compiler
executing/linking in 64bit?

Manu wrote:
> > - Use LDC or GDC instead of DMD. I think those work with COFF.
> >

> VisualD doesn't support those compilers (yet).

I'm not sure if Mono-D supports GDC/LDC but, as a Visual Studios
user myself, I recommend using Mono-D for D development on any
platform (at this time at least) because of it's Code-completion
and Renaming features. I've even converted the Obsidian syntax
theme over if you're interested. Although Mono's syntax
highlighting is inferior to VS in many ways (no operator or user
types distinction) at least in v2.8.5.
http://mono-d.sourceforge.net/