DMD - Windows

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Sat Jan 7 01:33:56 PST 2012

Personally I would say that I am only able to not
use an IDE on hobby and very small scale projects.

On my line of work, where most projects are scattered around
the globe, with millions of lines and modules, the code navigation
tools that IDEs provide are priceless.

Now I am back to .NET after a few years doing mostly JVM stuff, and
I do conceed that many tools I take for granted on Java IDEs, even
for C/C++ development, are just missing in Visual Studio. It baffles
me that people find normal to buy Respher or VisualAssist for
funcionality that other IDEs have since years.

Still, if you are doing Windows desktop applications, Visual Studio is
the only game in town. I don't want to write by hand framework
boilerplate code that can be easily generated by Visual Studio.

And the debugger is quite nice as well.

--
Paulo