Welcome to the Jungle (article about the future of parallel computing)

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Sat Jan 7 04:34:10 PST 2012

Hi,

so you are also following Andre's attemps to revive the
old homebrew developer feeling. :)

I also miss those days. I grew up with the ZX Spectrum,
doing some BASIC and Z80 stuff, then most of my friends
moved up to the Amiga 500 and I eventually got a PC,
since my dad was the opinion the PC would be the future.

Anyway, I had lots of fun doing x86 assembly programming
with some Turbo Pascal and eventually C. Then quite a few
languages after that.

Nowadays I develop business software mostly in JVM and .NET
languages, running in clustered environments. With development
teams scattered around the globe.

Doing low level programming and graphics related stuff is
now only a hobby, when real life permits to do so. Until the
day I manage to change area.

Wow, now I am a bit nostaligic

--
Paulo