SIMD support...

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 09:13:34 PST 2012

On Saturday, 7 January 2012 at 16:55:00 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> Well they are broken because the change has not been carried to
> completion.

Here's my position: if we get a library implementation that
works better than the compiler implementation, let's do it. If
they
are equal in use or only worse from minor syntax or some other
trivial
matter, let's do library since that's nicer indeed.

But, if the library one doesn't work as well as the compiler
implementation, whether due to design, bugs, or any other
practical
consideration, let's not break things until the library impl
catches up.

If that's going to take several years, we have to consider the
benefit of having it now rather than later too.