plans for interfacing to C++

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Mon Jan 9 10:04:58 PST 2012

On 2012-01-09 12:36:35 +0000, Trass3r <un at known.com> said:

>> There were some discussions about adding namespace support with
>> something like extern(C++, namespace) IIRC. Don't know the result
>> though.
>
> Hmm another difficulty is how to switch between mangling schemes.

One thing that could be done is instead of the namespace argument, have
a mangled name argument. Then use CTFE to build the mangled name (if
you want to).

This would also solve the problem we have on OS X where some C
functions use a mangled name with a '$' in them thanks to the use of
some GCC attribute in the system headers.

Or maybe it should be a pragma instead.

--
Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com