Discussion about D at a C++ forum

Alexander Malakhov anm at programmer.net
Tue Jan 10 00:07:37 PST 2012

On Monday, 9 January 2012 at 19:46:03 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> On Monday, January 09, 2012 11:37:50 Walter Bright wrote:
>> On 1/9/2012 10:59 AM, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
>> > I suspect that part of the problem is that Wikipedia lists D
>> > as
>> > appearing in 1999. And, of course, since D2 didn't start
>> > until 2007,
>> > saying that D has been around since 1999 easily gives the
>> > mistaken
>> > impression that we're doing a bad job, since D _still_ isn't
>> > complete
>> > and fully stable.
>>
>> Please fix the wikipedia entry!
>
> With what? Make it say 2003 for D1 and 2007 for D2?
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

Other languages have just 1 date. I think wikipedia's editors
would resist if D will be different.

If we want to do so, there should be convincing rationale in
entry source. Like comment for file extensions (see "file_ext"
here
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=D_(programming_language)&action=edit
)