wxC & wxD (aka: let's work together with wxhaskell project)

Gerrit Wichert gwichert at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 12 11:24:20 PST 2012

Hello,

i think wxC is a very special 'binding' that can work as a basic layer
for multiple language 'bindings'.
As such the optimal solution would be if there is only one wxC that is
part of wxWidgets itself.
The natural choice for the build system is then wxWidgets own build
system. So it would be more easy
to keep it in sync with WxWidgets. Developers of all language bindings
can unite their forces on it.
Maybe even wxWidgets core developers would like to care for keeping it
in sync if it is not to much work.
Sharing wxWidgets build system, wxC can be build on the same target
platforms as wxWidgets.

btw. does wxD currently build for you?
I got some trouble with deprecated typedef and others on my linux box.
But i've just finished fixing it and DMD 2.057actually successfully builds
the little testing app i'm developing to become more acquainted with D.

It is tested under Linux 32 bit only (OpenSuse 11.4 + Open Suse 12.1/64
using -m32)
but i think it should also work on Windows.

if you want to give it a try, checkout the 'dmd257linux' branch from

https://github.com/gwichert/wxd

I woud like to get some feedback on this before making a pull request.

Gerrit