Andrei's castle located

Brad Roberts braddr at slice-2.puremagic.com
Thu Jan 12 15:48:48 PST 2012

On Thu, 12 Jan 2012, Walter Bright wrote:

> On 1/12/2012 2:02 PM, jdrewsen wrote:
> > Map of C++
> >
> > http://herbsutter.com/2012/01/10/map-of-c/
>

> "When I first came here, this was all swamp. Everyone said I was daft to build
> a castle on a swamp, but I built it all the same, just to show them. It sank
> into the swamp. So I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So I built
> a third. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp. But the fourth
> one stayed up. And that's what you're going to get, Lad, the strongest castle
> in all of England^H^H^H^H^H C++."

Bah.. it's not the 4th castle that's strong, it's the pile of castles
underneath that are holding it up that are strong. :)  Driving bunch of
piles into the ground first woulda been a lot cheaper and easier.

Misapplication of evolution?  Or maybe misapplication of correlation vs
causation?  Or maybe me just not having a sense of humor right now?

Turtles, all the way down...