[OT] Anyone w/ svn->git experience and advice?

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Fri Jan 13 19:35:36 PST 2012

"Michel Fortin" <michel.fortin at michelf.com> wrote in message
news:jeph56$bl$1 at digitalmars.com...
> On 2012-01-13 03:32:25 +0000, "Nick Sabalausky" <a at a.a> said:
>
>> $ git svn clone
>> http://svn.dsource.org/projects/goldie --prefix=svn/ --preserve-empty-dirs -
>> -authors-file=goldie-authors.txt
>> --trunk=trunk --tags=tags Goldie
>> ...the first few revisions (out of 557 total) here...
>> r85 = 60d792abf9957f41f70d7ae399fee7ecda0b66f1 (refs/remotes/svn/trunk)
>>         M       README.txt
>> Failed to strip path 'bin/lang/.gitignore' ((?-xism:^trunk(/|$)))
>
> You can fix yourself the git-svn script if you want:
> <https://github.com/git/git/blob/master/git-svn.perl>
>
> To me it seems like the git_path sub is called on an already stripped
> path. It would probably just work if you just removed the 'die' command on
> line 4583 of git-svn, even though that's a dirty fix. (Line number taken
> from github's master, you might be using a different version.)

http://www.semitwist.com/download/av/sumomo-correct-confetti.avi

I went to that line in the git sources, changed "die" to "print", "make &&
sudo make install", and it works!

It doesn't, however, delete directories once they actually *are* deleted in
the SVN repo, which is rather sloppy, but I can at least live with that.