GCC depen issue on linux

mumin cmonster at mumins.net
Sat Jan 14 11:59:09 PST 2012

On Sat, 14 Jan 2012 13:35:39 -0500, Jesse Phillips
<jessekphillips+D at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Saturday, 14 January 2012 at 16:43:53 UTC, mumin wrote:
>> Installing D on linux giving strange library dependency issue.  Looking
>> on  the
>> net haven't found any article that addresses this directly.  Most
>> similar
>> issues are with installing the Android emulator [!].
>>
>> When I attempt to compile a sample D program I get the following.
>> Anyone  seen
>> this before?
>>
>>> dmd hello.d
>>
>> dmd: /lib/i686/cmov/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.11' not found (required
>> by  dmd)
>>
>> attached is the output of ldd
>>
>> Thanks
>
> Well it seems you don't have the correct version of glibc. I'm wondering
> if this is related to having 32bit dmd installed on a 64bit system, or
> something else. What kind of system are you running? OS version...?

It is a debian based Linux version.  It is 32 bit, but it isn't one of the
big distros.
I run eLive which is an Enlightenment-based wm system on top of debian.

http://www.elivecd.org/

I double-checked that I don't have problems with simplistic C or C++
compilations.

Other places on the 'Net there are people who get around such problems by
making soft links, but I'm
very hestitant to do something like that without knowing why this is
happening.

I was hoping someone had seen this type of thing before.