GCC depen issue on linux

mumin cmonster at mumins.net
Sat Jan 14 18:21:38 PST 2012

On Sat, 14 Jan 2012 17:20:51 -0500, mta`chrono
<chrono at mta-international.net> wrote:

> It seems like you have installed a precompiled version of dmd. Can you
> post eactly the source where you've downloaded it?
>
> dmd seems to require version _2.11_ of glibc. there are a lot of
> versions installed on your system. 2.0,2.1,2.3,... But not the one dmd
> requires.
>
> In order to solve the problem, I would suggest you to download dmd
> sources and compile them.

Compiling the latest from source didn't work either.  The dmd compilation
worked, but the attempt to
compile the libraries didn't work.  Still the issue with GLIBC_2.11.

I'm good, though.  I'm doing a POC with D and I decided to do that work
with 1.0.  I pulled the
dmd from Tango and that _is_ working.

I'm good for now.  When I retun to 2.0 there might be a new build.