GCC depen issue on linux

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Sun Jan 15 03:35:54 PST 2012

On 2012-01-14 23:39, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> "mta`chrono"<chrono at mta-international.net>  wrote in message
> news:jesv45$1elt$1 at digitalmars.com...
>> It seems like you have installed a precompiled version of dmd. Can you
>> post eactly the source where you've downloaded it?
>>
>> dmd seems to require version _2.11_ of glibc. there are a lot of
>> versions installed on your system. 2.0,2.1,2.3,... But not the one dmd
>> requires.
>>
>> In order to solve the problem, I would suggest you to download dmd
>> sources and compile them.
>>

> DMD's sources are already in the prepackaged zip release. Building it can be
> a little complicated if you don't already know how, but it's easy if you
> install the latest version of DVM:
>
> https://bitbucket.org/doob/dvm
>
> Then, downloading and recompiling DMD is as simple as:
>
> $dvm fetch 2.057
> $unzip dmd.2.057.zip
> $dvm compile ./dmd2
>
> BTW, that reminds me: Jacob, I think we need to update the code that detects
> the latest version of DMD (asap). Compiling the git sources with DVM relies
> on it (but not compiling the packages releases), and for awhile I thought
> ftp.digitalmars.com was just going down, but I think now the download page's
> move to d-p-l.org has just simply broken the "latest DMD"-detection.

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/download.html still works fine. The problem
is that the link for dmd.2.057.zip now points to github instead of
ftp.digitalmars.com and dvm fails to detect the link then. It's already
been fixed and I've uploaded precompiled binaries. I didn't do a new
release (don't know if that was good or not), I was hoping not too many
people had downloaded it yet. I discovered it basically just after the
release. I think only one or two people had downloaded the tool before I
uploaded the fix.

https://bitbucket.org/doob/dvm/changeset/40f17ea46d0f

--
/Jacob Carlborg