SIMD benchmark

Peter Alexander peter.alexander.au at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 03:49:59 PST 2012

On 15/01/12 6:56 AM, Walter Bright wrote:
> I get a 2 to 2.5 speedup with the vector instructions on 64 bit Linux.
> Anyhow, it's good enough now to play around with. Consider it alpha
> quality. Expect bugs - but make bug reports, as there's a serious lack
> of source code to test it with.

You sure you want proper bug reports for this? There still seems to be a
lot of issues. For example, none of these work for me (OSX 64-bt).

----

int4 a = 2; // backend/cod2.c 2630

----

int4 a = void;
int4 b = void;
a = b; // segfault

----

int4 a = void;
a = simd(XMM.PXOR, a, a); // segfault

----

I could go on and on really. Very little seems to work at my end.

Actually, looking at the auto-tester, I'm not alone. Just seems to be
OSX though.

http://d.puremagic.com/test-results/index.ghtml