Biggest Issue with D - Definition and Versioning

Jeff Nowakowski jeff at dilacero.org
Sun Jan 15 09:02:28 PST 2012

> 2. We haven't identified game designers as a core market

You probably should, as C++ is the de facto standard in the games
industry, and the one area where D could shine above languages like C#
or Java. You might even be able to get some funding from big companies
like EA or others if you can convince them you're on the right track.

> and one that's more important than e.g. general purpose programmers
> who need the like of working qualifiers, multithreading, and shared
> libraries.

And this is just as, if not more important, in the games industry as
elsewhere. I do agree that a correct and full implementation of these
features is more important than Walter getting distracted on a late-game
feature request. Since Walter is gating pull requests, he should either
prioritize them or delegate the responsibility.