Biggest Issue with D - Definition and Versioning

Peter Alexander peter.alexander.au at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 05:16:03 PST 2012

== Quote from Paulo Pinto (pjmlp at progtools.org)'s article
> With smaller startups moving to Unity/C#, XNA for XBox
360/Windows/WP7 and
> Sony now
> supporting Mono/C# as the main development environment for the VITA
and
> PlaySuite, it
> might already be too late for D in the gaming world.
> There are already quite a few iPhone major game titles that are
actually
> developed with Unity.
> But I am an outsider, here the other members with game industry
experience
> like Manu might
> explain better the situation.

Some people are indeed moving to C#, but the vast majority of
professional AAA games are still written in C or C++.

Also, a reason a lot of people move to C# is due to how painful it is
to develop in C++. D isn't so painful, so there's an opportunity to
steal some of the C# game programmers.