SIMD support...

David d at dav1d.de
Mon Jan 16 13:26:55 PST 2012

Am 16.01.2012 03:54, schrieb JoeCoder:
> On 1/15/2012 1:42 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
>>
>> A nice vector math library for D that puts us competitive will be a nice
>> addition to Phobos.
>
> The gl3n library might be something good to build on:
> https://bitbucket.org/dav1d/gl3n
>
> It looks to be a continuation of the OMG library used by Deadlock, and
> is similar to the glm (http://glm.g-truc.net) c++ library which emulates
> glsl vector ops in software.
>
> We'd need to ask if it can be re-licensed from MIT to Boost.
Hi,

that's definitly possible! But to be honest, I don't  think putting gl3n
into phobos is a good idea. Why does phobos, the std. lib, need a
vector-lib? I haven't seen any other language with something like gl3n
in the std. lib. Also I used my own PEP-8, C (K&R with spaces) style, it
would be a real pain changing this to the Phobos style. One more point
is, that it's not just a Vector-lib, it also does Matrix-,
Quaternion-math, interpolation and implements some other useful
mathematical functions (as found in GLSL).
Of course I am open to a discussion.

PS:// I already talked with Manu about this topic, and I don't wait too
long, gl3n will have core.simd support soon.