Biggest Issue with D - Definition and Versioning

Martin Nowak dawg at dawgfoto.de
Mon Jan 16 18:32:43 PST 2012

> Again: if D is a hobby we have, all's great. Otherwise, we must show
> people that we are serious about finishing the core language
> implementation, that we make promises that we are able to keep, and that
> we make plans that we follow even in the broadest strokes. If we want to
> play with the big boys, we need to change the way we approach planning
> and organization quite drastically.
>

> Andrei

There is a lot of time wasted having to "reinvent" the designated
behavior during implementation/bugfixing.
IMHO we would benefit a lot from encouraging collaboration on the
Language Reference and use it to design unimplemented features.

Another efficient approach to steer this process is providing
unit tests.

Also such a simple page can be very useful.
http://digitalmars.com/ctg/CPP0x-Language-Implementation.html