Call site 'ref'

Mail Mantis mail.mantis.88 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 22:23:59 PST 2012

2012/1/17 Mehrdad <wfunction at hotmail.com>:
> ?!?!?
>
> Documentation is frequently out of date, but code isn't.
> And ideally, the code wouldn't NEED documentation, BECAUSE it SAYS what it's
> doing.

Maybe - if you have access to function's source text. But we were
talking about a specific feature on callers side. "ref" stated at call
site doesn't say what function is doing, it only tells that function
returns one of it's results in specific parameter. That might be
occasionally useful, but it is not worth extra syntax it introduces.