byKey and byValue: properties or methods?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Tue Jan 17 10:57:54 PST 2012

On Tuesday, January 17, 2012 14:14:46 Alex Rønne Petersen wrote:
> That doesn't make the name any less bad. Naming is important IMHO. Hence
> why I'm also complaining about .dup/.idup.

save for forward ranges is pretty much the same. It's a property even though
it's name and usage suggests otherwise. But we're pretty much stuck with all
three of those at this point. Arguing about it is pretty much quibbling over
straws, and some - Andrei in particular - are becoming increasingly adverse to
arguing over such small changes to existing code for minimal benefit.

- Jonathan M Davis