byKey and byValue: properties or methods?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Wed Jan 18 00:49:08 PST 2012

On Wednesday, January 18, 2012 09:38:41 Martin Nowak wrote:
> But the current compiler behavior is really annoying.
> Either nobody should use enforced properties or it should
> be part of the standard warning level.

Once the implementation of -property has been fully sorted out, I believe that
it will be moved to the standard warning level, and then finally to an error,
since per TDPL it's a requirement of the language that properties not be
called with parens and that non-property functions _must_ be called with
parens. The problem is that we're still in the transition period.

- Jonathan M Davis