byKey and byValue: properties or methods?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Wed Jan 18 09:46:11 PST 2012

On Wednesday, January 18, 2012 08:13:37 Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> > If you think the names of things aren't
> > important, name them whatever you want, but at least you as the author
> > get to choose instead of the user.
>
> I understand this point. It doesn't reduce the frustration that we have
> a feature that does not palpably improve the language.

There are those of us who _do_ think that it palpably improves the language. I
think that the issue is more that we have a feature that is rather divisive as
to whether it's an improvement or not. Some think that it definitely is, and
some think it definitely isn't. It's not one of those features where pretty
much everyone agrees that it's an improvement.

- Jonathan M Davis