wxC & wxD (aka: let's work together with wxhaskell project)

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 19:49:43 PST 2012

wxHaskell's wxc is buildable into a .so, but it's missing a ton of
symbols that wxd expects. From a quick look of things there's about 50
.cpp files less in wxHaskell's wxc than wxd's wxc. That might not mean
much, but wxHaskell's wxc code is also different in some places..

I think it would be quite hard to modify wxd to use the new wxc
bindings. But Anders is the most knowledgeable about how wxd's wxc
works, so he probably knows what's missing/different in this new wxc.

The new wxc code is here: http://darcsden.com/DukeDave/wxhaskell-dev/browse/wxc
darcs is required to clone it (apparently you can ctrl+c when it
starts talking about lazy loading or it takes forever to clone). Clone
command:
darcs get http://darcsden.com/DukeDave/wxhaskell-dev

Also the entire haskell platform has to be installed in order to build
it. But I won't bother you with build instructions since we can't use
the wxc lib in this state.

If Anders is reading this, can you maybe glance over that wxc repo and
see how much things are different compared to wxd's wxc, and maybe
make a guess on whether it's worth looking into or not?