Biggest Issue with D - Definition and Versioning

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Wed Jan 18 23:08:11 PST 2012

On Wed, 18 Jan 2012 16:41:28 -0800
"Adam Wilson" <flyboynw at gmail.com> wrote:

> Harsh as it sounds I'd ignore them, what they are really asking for
> is for you to stop working on everything else and work on their
> feature. Doing that is planning to fail.

Right. Workers are out at the construction site and although they are
capable to build big scycrapers, there is need to provide basic
facilities for them in order they can start doing useful work.

Then when they prove that it's possible to build something useful, more
investments can be made to extend the scope.

At the moment, D is to risky to invest in it for commercial agents, so
open-source projects seems to be nice fit.

For a long time, GHC was practically the only serious project done (not
100% in Haskell (later Darcs appeared on the scene), what we have to
show as written in D2?

As mentioned in another thread, D with its features for paralleism,
FP-stuff etc. *could be* very  attractive as general programming
language suitable for those imperative programmers which cannot easily
grok monads and wants to take advantage of their multi-core CPUs idling
at the moment.

So, as Adam wrote, let's provide rounded feature set which works so
that, at least, (open-source) projects can write D2 code today, possibly
without too much sacrifice. :-)

Sincerely,
Gour

--
A person who has given up all desires for sense gratification,
who lives free from desires, who has given up all sense of