Biggest Issue with D - Definition and Versioning

Marco Leise Marco.Leise at gmx.de
Thu Jan 19 11:16:01 PST 2012

Am 19.01.2012, 19:02 Uhr, schrieb Timon Gehr <timon.gehr at gmx.ch>:

> On 01/19/2012 06:13 PM, Heywood Floyd wrote:
>> However, I still subscribe to Adam's view that the D bug situation _is_
>> a problem, even a scary one:
>> http://d.puremagic.com/issues/reports.cgi?product=D&datasets=NEW
>>

> More than one fourth of those are enhancement requests, therefore it is
> somewhat less bad than it looks.

Well written, Heywood. I liked the cat allegory. I could go on and on
thinking about the philosophical aspects of using this "pet". But I also
agree with Timon. The perceived situation on my end isn't bad any longer.
Those who use D for a longer while have noticed that the annoying bug rate
went down to an acceptable level, where you don't want to jump off and use
C++. I just opened a bug report for a missing optimization opportunity. I
would not have done that a year ago, thinking that there are still enough
real bugs to be fixed first.