wxWidgets good news

bls bizprac at orange.fr
Fri Jan 20 09:44:37 PST 2012

On 01/20/2012 09:02 AM, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> On 1/20/12, bls<bizprac at orange.fr>  wrote:
>> Hi, it seems that the idea of using doxygen xml output to generate D
>> bindings was not that bad. I am pretty happy to see that exactly this
>> happens in wxWidgets 2.9.4,
>> https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/blob/master/docs/doxygen/scripts/make_bindings.py
>
> All files in that folder are dated July 2009. Is there some newer
> script you were referring to?

Wish I am able to send you more recent code :(

I have been a bit confused due to the "last changes information" on GIT.

Inspiration comes from
The wxDesigner  Blog  "Documentation in Doxygen"
http://www.wxdesigner-software.de/WoWoW30.html

2.9.3 changes.txt
- Documentation for wxWidgets has been converted from LaTex to C++
headers with Doxygen comments and significantly improved in the process.

SORRY !!!

> Btw, wxPhp uses doxygen to generate its bindings but it has its own
> set of parser scripts. They seem to be up to date compared to these
> python scripts from 2009.

Unti version 2.8 x wxPHP is using GCCXML Output. The author is THINKING
about using Doxygen's XML ouput.  Except a small PHP script there is
nothing concrete atm.

*Update*---- Just had a look at
http://wxphp.org/wxphp/blog/commit-of-new-version.

This means wxWidgets doxygen xml output is reality. And the old Python
scripts are sill useful.

Again, sorry for being not careful enough.

Bjoern