byKey and byValue: properties or methods?

sclytrack sclytrack at fake.com
Fri Jan 20 11:40:10 PST 2012

>> I hate I must ask this:
>>
>> int[string] aa;
>> foreach (k; aa.byKey) { ... }
>>
>> or
>>
>> int[string] aa;
>> foreach (k; aa.byKey()) { ... }
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Andrei "I told you" Alexandrescu
>
> I tallied the votes.
>
> Function: Mail Mantis, bearophile, Jacob Carlborg, Olivier Pisano, Ary
> Manzana, torhu,
   sclytrack

> Property: Nick Sabalausky, Simen Kjaeraas.
>
> I wasn't able to discern a clear vote from the others. Please correct
> the list.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Andrei

Collection properties should satisfy the "torhu" criteria.

Collection property. Usually indexed.

Conditions:

1) The focus is on collection
2) torhu criteria

I know strings can be seen as a collection of chars.
Is string a collection or not, that's another vote.

Memory aid: torhu criteria

---
auto k = aa.byKey;
writeln(k.front);