wxWidgets doxygen binding creation.

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Fri Jan 20 13:43:14 PST 2012

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 22:09:48 +0100
Andrej Mitrovic <andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com> wrote:

> I began porting those php scripts to D since yesterday. They are well
> documented and modularized so I think it's worth having a go at it.
> Oddly enough I've cloned the wxPhp svn repo yesterday without even
> knowing they've just merged these new changes in at the same time.

Thank you for this work...I must admit I wasn't eve naware there is
wxPhp project since this thread today.

> You've mentioned those python swig generators. I don't know the state
> of those, but I really doubt that SWIG support for D is mature enough
> for such a huge project.

Still, it would be worth exploring that route, right?...and ask for more
D support?

> Additionally wxPython uses SWIG, and SWIG
> supports Python for many years now, but even so the wxPython author
> wants to move away from SWIG and use doxygen or some other alternative
> instead. See: http://wiki.wxpython.org/ProjectPhoenix/ProjectGoals I
> also took a look at wxPython's SWIG interface files and it's *a lot*
> of code and workarounds.

Yeah, that's true. Robert wants to use SIP and he told me there is lot
of hand-written code for SWIG.

However, let's not forget that wxPython is also,afaik, offering higher-level
(aka Pythonic) interface to wx, so I bet we would like to have same with
wxD, right?

> So I'm trying to port those php scripts and see if it's usable for D.
> When I have some scripts done I'll put them on github somewhere.

Thank you very much!

> Of course I'm not stopping anyone else from doing the same..

At the moment, I do not have much time to do anything with (wx)D, even
not much with computers, but we hope it will change in a few weeks.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
As a strong wind sweeps away a boat on the water,
even one of the roaming senses on which the mind