[OT] destroy all software (was Programming language WATs)

F i L witte2008 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 21:52:33 PST 2012

On Saturday, 21 January 2012 at 04:20:16 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
wrote:
> "Adam D. Ruppe" <destructionator at gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:rjmwboyrrzxbbsjkasub at dfeed.kimsufi.thecybershadow.net...
>> On Saturday, 21 January 2012 at 03:43:50 UTC, Caligo wrote:
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpZtX32sKVE
>>
>> Oh my, don't get me started on college!
>>
>> I'm so happy I dropped out of that waste.
>
> I thought I was the only one!
>
> I genuinely *am* proud to be a college dropout. Almost wish I
> had dropped out of high school, because that would have
> prevented me from wasting all that time, money and sanity on
> college.
>
> Most people think I'm nuts when I tell them I *want* to never
> have a degree ('Course, most people are morons...) But even if
> it does put me at a disadvantage in what are really only a few
> isolated cases (contrary to what sheeple are lead to beleive),
> it doesn't matter: The "college == good" brainwashing MUST
> STOP, period, and I'd sooner sell my soul than selfishly sit
> back and blindly contribute to the problem (which would really
> amount to the same thing).
>
> (Yea, I know Caltech sounds like it might be better, but even
> if it is...and *still* is...that only makes it the exception to
> the rule.)

I never went to college and I feel no worse for wear for it. At
24, around an age I would be graduating, I'm glad I'm not looking
at spending a quarter of my income on school loans. God knows
taxes take a big enough toll as it is.

It really is a case-by-case situation though, as much as I'm
against "big pharmaceutical", you can't/shouldn't be a doctor
without proper education. Unfortunately college, like so many
other industries, seems to be growing to fat for it's own good.
But then, as a member of the Zeitgeist Movement, I think that
about a lot of for-profit organizations. ;)