D1, D2 and the future of libraries

Kiith-Sa 42 at theanswer.com
Sat Jan 21 09:04:27 PST 2012

I'm only supporting D2.

D1 support would require more effort that can be better used
to add more features and create more libraries. New D users are
unlikely to try D1 since D2 is now rather stable, and even if
the do, they won't stay there for long.

I myself started using D with D1 about 1,5 years ago, then 6
months ago I moved to D2 and found it to be getting much more
stable over time.

For a new D2 user, D1 libraries basically don't exist; if half of
the libraries are D1 only, it seems there are only half as many
libraries.