isize_t?

Alex Rønne Petersen xtzgzorex at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 13:41:35 PST 2012

On 21-01-2012 21:18, Timon Gehr wrote:
> On 01/21/2012 09:06 PM, Alex Rønne Petersen wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I needed a native-size signed integer type this other day and was just
>> kinda wondering: Why don't we have this in object.di? isize_t or
>> whatever?
>>
>> (I have a feeling this has been asked before, but my search-fu is weak
>> today seemingly...)
>>

> .object.ptrdiff_t

While it does what I want, it's not exactly ideal. I just want a
general-purpose native-size signed integer. ptrdiff_t sounds like it
must have something to do with pointers, which is not what I want my API
to look like. I could alias ptrdiff_t to isize_t, but then that defeats
the purpose right there. Do you think that it would be a big deal to add
an alias ptrdiff_t isize_t; to object.di?

--
- Alex