isize_t?

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sat Jan 21 13:57:38 PST 2012

"Alex Rønne Petersen" <xtzgzorex at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:jffbuc$2b37$1 at digitalmars.com...
> On 21-01-2012 22:46, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
>> There's sizediff_t which is the same thing.
>
> I still think this type name has some specific notion to it. "isize_t"
> alone just means "a signed integer the size of a pointer" (same for
> size_t, minus the signed), while sizediff_t means something along the
> lines of "an integer the size of the result of an arithmetic operation on
> a pointer".

The names of "ptrdiff_t" and "size_t" *are* terrible, but that's what we
have. There was a big thread not too long ago about getting better names,
even just as standard alternatives, but the powers that be just weren't
interested. So if we want sensible names for them, we have to make up
non-standardized aliases in each individual project. :/