[OT] destroy all software (was Programming language WATs)

Peter Alexander peter.alexander.au at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 15:22:55 PST 2012

> On 1/21/12 3:56 PM, Chad J wrote:
>> I don't think American colleges teach Computer Science/Engineering very
>> well at all.
>
> Wonder why. USA does have the best programmers in the world though.

Depends on what you mean by the best. Most successful, yes.

However, the East always wins the programming competitions :-)

Last year's Google Code Jam world finals:
http://code.google.com/codejam/contest/scoreboard?c=1327485

Top 25 breakdown

Russia: 10
China: 7
Japan: 2
Poland: 2
USA: 1
UK: 1
Belarus: 1
Slovakia: 1

Seems to be like that every year. Same happens at the ICPC.