Do we need Win95/98/Me support?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun Jan 22 19:47:19 PST 2012

On Sunday, January 22, 2012 13:02:12 Walter Bright wrote:
> I think we ought to support things as long as MS officially does. After
> that, I'm game at abandoning official support, if for no other reason than
> not being able to develop/debug/test on those platforms.

Then can we just agree to drop support for pre-Win2K Windows platforms? Being
able to remove all of the stuff like `useWfuncs` would definitely allow us to
clean up the Windows-related code in Phobos. Having to worry about it has
definitely increased the complexity of the Windows API code in Phobos.

- Jonathan M Davis