A modest proposal

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Mon Jan 23 18:41:45 PST 2012

On Monday, January 23, 2012 18:57:16 Brad Anderson wrote:
> Recently there has been explosion in bug closures.  This has had the
> unfortunate side effect of making it difficult to have a conversation in #d
> IRC with the bot constantly announcing these changes.  I humbly request
> that those responsible slow down this behavior to a more tolerable level so
> we can talk uninterrupted in the #d IRC channel.  I hate to call out
> someone by name but Walter in particular has been completely out of line
> with the volume of notifications he's been generating recently.
>
> I understand some people like bug closures and who am I to judge but there
> is a limit to what some of us can tolerate and it has been surpassed.
>
> I'm sorry it had to come to this.

Actually, I'd like to thank Walter for taking the time to go through the bugs
like this. It's long overdue. It's time consuming and not fun to do, but it
sorely needs to be done - and much of it needs to be done by Walter, since his
input is required on much of it.

I understand that this may be frustrating to those in IRC, but it's a
temporary thing which will greatly improve the overall situation with
bugzilla. And then it'll probably be back to the status quo with regards to
how many messages you're seeing in IRC.

- Jonathan M Davis