A modest proposal

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Tue Jan 24 00:56:33 PST 2012

On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 19:52:27 -0700
Brad Anderson <eco at gnuk.net> wrote:

> Jonathan, Swiftly closing them is causing real pain for some of us.
>  Certainly he could fix them and keep a log of the ones he fixed then
> actually close, say, 3 a day on bugzilla so it wouldn't be so noisy.

My suggestion is that Walter & co. should write a simple app which would
parse IRC logs in the past few years and anaylize what are the critical
hours in the channel when there is traffic peak and then to adjust their
time of closing bugs appropriately.

Maybe, some pre-message could be generated by bot to warn in advance all
the IRC users that "we expect that in 5minutes the channel will be
bombed by the flood of closing bug reports, so it's a good time to make
a short break (toilet, snack, light drink...)".

Of course we know that without introducing penalty fees for those who
break the rule, nothing can really happen...

Sincerely,
Gour

--
A self-realized man has no purpose to fulfill in the discharge
of his prescribed duties, nor has he any reason not to perform