[OT] "The Condescending UI" (was: Do we need Win95/98/Me support?)

foobar foo at bar.com
Tue Jan 24 06:01:14 PST 2012

On Tuesday, 24 January 2012 at 13:00:13 UTC, Marco Leise wrote:
> Am 24.01.2012, 13:26 Uhr, schrieb foobar <foo at bar.com>:
>
>> On Tuesday, 24 January 2012 at 07:09:47 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
>> wrote:
>>> "foobar" <foo at bar.com> wrote in message
>>> news:gaeafbliswzwkmitpghj at dfeed.kimsufi.thecybershadow.net...

>>> I'm not entirely convinced that the US gov isn't effectively
>>> a corporate puppet.
>>
>> If it is it just proves my point and stuff needs to be done to
>> change the current circumstances. AFAIK the current situation
>> is against the spirit if not the letter of the US constitution
>> which forbids any group from oppressing another (in this case
>> Corporate America vs. the little guy).
>>
>> There is this phenomena in the US where some people feel that
>> they have the right to be ignorant but they ought to realize
>> that this isn't a core human right and it slowly degrades
>> society in such a way that they lose all other rights and
>> freedoms. People should educate themselves and be responsible
>> for their votes and actually do vote. In my country (Israel)
>> an elections with ~67% of people voting was the lowest
>> percentage ever and usually it's closer to 80%. in the USA
>> it's closer to 50%. That isn't even a majority of the
>> population!
>>
>> The current situation is directly connected to the ignorance
>> and lack of caring by the people. After all, a democratic
>> government comes from the people and represents the people.
>> Clearly, the citizens of the USA didn't care enough.
>
> You compare a country with two parties with a country with over
> one hundred parties, this can become a long philosophical
> debate. :D
> I'm voting for Moria. It reminds me of Lord of the Rings.

I never claimed our system is perfect and for sure we have too
many parties. OTOH it does show we take active role and we do
care! :)
Another example would be the social protests that happened this
summer where 300,000 people physically came to demonstrate in
Tel-Aviv. No small fit for a country of 7 million.