D for the web?

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 24 06:40:42 PST 2012

On 23/01/2012 16:43, F i L wrote:
<snip>
> Javascript really is a pretty limited language and I'd imagine a lot of unexpected
> behavior from D-to-JS programs. There are better languages for large client-side web apps
> like Coffeescript, Obective-J, and Dart.
<snip>

Just had a look at CoffeeScript
http://coffeescript.org/

It appears to be mostly a candygrammar for JavaScript, designed to give it a more
functional feel.

And what about MiniD?

Moreover, it seems that getting a new scripting language implemented in web browsers isn't
going to be easy.  But it seems that language-to-JS compilers would work as long as the
language's concepts are readily and efficiently implementable in JS.

Stewart.