byKey and byValue: properties or methods?

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 24 11:59:22 PST 2012

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 20:43:17 -0500, Andrei Alexandrescu

> On 1/20/12 7:31 PM, Michel Fortin wrote:
>> I think byKey and byValue are oddly named, property or not.
>
> Give them better names and convince others. Please don't choose "keys"
> and "values".

On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 10:27:42 -0500, Andrei Alexandrescu

> On 1/22/12 5:57 AM, Alvaro wrote:

>> Agree with "allKeys" and "allValues" as the next best.
>
> byXyz is in TDPL.

So in other words, please come up with better names, you can't chose
"keys" or "values" but you must choose byKeys or byValues, because it's
already in TDPL.

Got it!

Looking in TDPL, it seems byKey and byValue are already functions.  Why
did we have this discussion again?  Looks like you already chose the
answer...

-Steve