[OT] "The Condescending UI" (was: Do we need Win95/98/Me support?)

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Tue Jan 24 15:45:01 PST 2012

On 1/24/2012 3:30 PM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> I *HATE* those "off" lights. I've started to just tape over the fucking
> things with black electrical tape.

Back in 1971 or so, a book came out that was the complete idiot's guide to
repairing a Volkswagon. The best advice in there was to someone that had the
battery fault light glowing faintly. He had the charging system checked out, and
all was fine. But the glowing light kept bugging the guy. The "solution" was to
paint a thin layer of fingernail polish over the light, so you couldn't see the
glow but could see it if it came on fully.