A modest proposal

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 24 15:45:12 PST 2012

On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 23:00:11 -0500, Bernard Helyer <b.helyer at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tuesday, 24 January 2012 at 03:52:25 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> "Bernard Helyer" <b.helyer at gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:zqqqybjeqepidctwzvjm at dfeed.kimsufi.thecybershadow.net...

>>> FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GOOGLE A MODERATE PROPOSAL I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE
>>> WHY ARE YOU ALL GERMAN OR SOMETHING OH GOD
>>>

>> Walter already made reference to baby-eating.
>
> I was referring to Jonathan's seeming inability to get the joke. :P

If you don't know the reference, you won't get it.  It's that simple.  You
need a reference.

It's like referencing a movie that you haven't seen.  What is the point of
explaining it unless you have seen the movie, you won't get it.

And I have to admit, I didn't have any idea what he was talking about
until I read later about googling for it, and learned what it meant.

You don't even have your reference right :)  It's a *Modest* proposal.

-Steve