[OT] "The Condescending UI" (was: Do we need Win95/98/Me support?)

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 24 18:18:22 PST 2012

On 24/01/2012 00:13, Walter Bright wrote:
<snip>
> Copyrights expire after 20 years. Renewable for another 20 years for a fee of $1000/year
> per registered copyright.

So your idea is to make it harder for people to keep their works copyrighted?

Under your plan, what will happen to copyrighted works that have existed for years?  Will
they expire right away if they're 20 or more years old, or remain under copyright for 20
years from now?

And will existing rules (literature expires 70 years after the author's death, music
recordings expire 50 years after creation, etc.) still apply in addition to this?

Stewart.