D for the web?

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Wed Jan 25 03:58:10 PST 2012

"Tobias Pankrath" <tobias at pankrath.net> wrote in message
news:jfoo3q$2ge8$1 at digitalmars.com...

>> What's your point? Any one of them answered the wrong way would render it
>> unusuable for my use-cases. Technical or not, that certainly makes them
>> relevent.
>
> My point was, that compiling a language like D/Java to Javascript for
> web programming is an approach, that can work well.
>
> Your arguments are all matters of trust (or the lack of) in an
> implementation and its implementor. Thus they don't apply in the
> general case.

Oh right. I wasn't talking about the general case at all, just that
particular one. I absolutely agree that compiling a language down to JS is a
valid approach. (It's no substitute for bypassing JS altogether of course,
but that unfortunately isn't a realistic option for web developers at the
moment.)