automated C++ binding generation.. Booost D, NO , Not us. SIMD is more important.

bls bizprac at orange.fr
Wed Jan 25 11:26:34 PST 2012

On 01/25/2012 11:06 AM, Gour wrote:
> After researching a lot, I believe that wxWidgets is the best solution
> for multi-platform development and I'll try to help as much as possible
> those people trying to make it happen.
>

> Sinvcerely,
> Gour

Hi Gour thanks for the feedback,
Indeed.
wxWidgets in 2.9.3  has closed the gap to QT. (webkit, f.i.) The
documentation is also very close to what QT has to  offer thanks to
Doxygen. We should not forget that wxWidget is offering support for the
RibboBar. (not that I like it too much)

I wonder how much sense it would make to port the PHP
parser/codegenerator source (wxPHP) into python. At least it should
result in : More readable code, xml instead of shitty json intermediate
output for the D codegerator.
Despite that , developing a GUI tool to browse/modify the xml files is a
piece of cake in wxPython.

Of couse I would be nice to use D. But the XML files are simply to big
to do DOM parsing. XPATH is required.
Last thing. BCDGEN is using libxml2 to generate D code. and BCDGen was
the tool to created the libxml2 wrapper. Eat your own Dog food. Good!

http://dsource.org/projects/bcd

Bjoern