automated C++ binding generation.. Booost D, NO , Not us. SIMD is more important.

bls bizprac at orange.fr
Thu Jan 26 07:13:56 PST 2012

On 01/25/2012 01:38 PM, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> The Json parsing I've initially attempted was a mistake. I've assumed
> the XML parsing would be harder than necessary, but I ended up
> fighting wxPhp's arbitrary Json output (arrays holding objects of
> different types.. which is no good for D, or my sanity).
>
> Yesterday I've started working on xml parsing instead (using Vladimir
> Panteelev's xml library) and now I have a full script that parses wx
> doxygen files in pretty much the same way as the wxPhp script
> (although the syntax is much nicer to work with).
>
> I'm now in the process of testing the entire output to verify that
> I've parsed the xml files correctly and loaded all the info in the
> same way as wxPhp's xml script (basically I'm going to do some printf
> diffs).
>
> Once that is done I can begin working on porting the source_maker
> script (obviously I can skip the Json part altogether since I have the
> structures in memory already).

Andrej,
I can't await your SUCCESS message. For me your upcoming code is the
most important stuff since years.
A few questions : where do I find Vladimir Panteelev's XML library ?
Does this library support XPATH ?

Maybe it's too early but what do you think about replacing wxEvent with
a D solution ?

I think about something similar to DGUI's event framework.  Same is
valid for the wxWidgets sizer framework.

Enough now... Just want to say: Thanks man !