[OT] "The Condescending UI" (was: Do we need Win95/98/Me support?)

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Thu Jan 26 17:55:30 PST 2012

"Stewart Gordon" <smjg_1998 at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:jfsvfh$14ek$1 at digitalmars.com...
> On 27/01/2012 01:36, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> <snip>
>> Heh, yea. That's something thing I always found funny: Apple always used
>> prepackage one-button mice with their right-click-capable OSX machines
>> because "one-button mice are simpler and easier". But I never understood
>> how
>> "control-click" qualified as simpler or easier than "right-click".
> <snip>
>
> A one-button mouse _is_ simpler than a mouse with three buttons and a
> scroll wheel.
>
> OTOH, _using_ a one-button mouse is neither simpler nor easier....

Well, yea, but Apple's stated excuse for the one-button wasn't because they
*are* simpler, but because they're allegedly "simpler *to use*".  I guess I
mistakenly left off the "to use" part up there. Whenever Apple says
"simpler", they generally mean "simpler to use", even if it's flat-out
false.