[OT] "The Condescending UI" (was: Do we need Win95/98/Me support?)

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sat Jan 28 03:13:32 PST 2012

"Andrew Wiley" <wiley.andrew.j at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.92.1327720688.25230.digitalmars-d at puremagic.com...
> On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 5:08 PM, Nick Sabalausky <a at a.a> wrote:
>> "Andrew Wiley" <wiley.andrew.j at gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:mailman.76.1327644483.25230.digitalmars-d at puremagic.com...

>>> It's that high because Logitech has stopped selling them.
>>
>> WTF? That blows! Those are the best trackballs in existence!
>>
>>> They've been
>>> replaced by this:
>>> http://www.logitech.com/en-us/mice-pointers/trackballs/devices/wireless-trackball-m570
>>>

>> Ewww. Bad move on their part. I got one of the wireless ones one time and
>> returned it the next day. It was terrible. Physically it was the same,
>> but
>> it was painfully less smooth and less responsive (and inconsistently so)
>> than every other mouse I've ever used.
>
> I had the same experience with the original wireless Trackman, but
> they seem to have genuinely fixed the new one.  I'm using it now, and
> I think it's better than my TrackMan Silver.

Hmm, maybe I'll give it a try then next time I need a new one.

Leeme see if I have the names of these wireless ones right:

1. First there was "Wireless Trackman" and it sucked.
2. Then there was "TrackMan Silver" (which was a little better but not
great?).
3. Now there's something new that's called "Wireless Trackman" just like the
first one, but it's good.

?