State of D on iOS/Android?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Sat Jan 28 09:03:34 PST 2012

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 06:42:14PM +0200, Manu wrote:
> On 28 January 2012 18:19, H. S. Teoh <hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx> wrote:
[...]
> > As far as I know, gdc can already produce ARM code since it uses the
> > gcc backend. All we need now is a nice native D interface to the
> > Android libraries, and I'll be a very very happy man.
>
> Libraries are the easy part. If you can make a build-script that 'just
> works' for the average man, and perhaps also mingw binaries for the
> Win users, I think progress in this area will explode almost
> instantly.

OK, what do you mean by "just works"? What is needed to in the script?
I'll admit I haven't really looked too closely at the Android docs yet,
but shouldn't it just be a matter of compiling your D sources with gdc
as usual, and then link it with a particular set of libraries?

Well, OK, so you do need to setup an ARM cross-compiler, so you'll need
either to build gdc/gcc yourself (ugh) or have someone provide the
binaries. What else?

Тише едешь, дальше будешь.