killer App for D? (was: State of D on iOS/Android)

Andrew Wiley wiley.andrew.j at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 21:42:44 PST 2012

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 9:11 PM, Nick Sabalausky <a at a.a> wrote:
> "Alex Rønne Petersen" <xtzgzorex at gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:jg29bs$2dm8$1 at digitalmars.com...
>>
>> Yes, D on Android would be great.
>>
>> In fact, D already runs on Android if you do some tweaks to the GDC build.
>> I've managed to get D apps running on both a Galaxy Tab 10.1 and an Efika
>> MX.
>>

> CAN I HAZ DETAILS PLZ?
> KTHNXBYE

I can't speak to Android, but I know that building GDC on ARM is
fairly routine these days. Make sure to build with
DFLAGS="-fno-section-anchors" in the environment, but otherwise,
follow the normal build instructions.
I would assume the same would apply when building a cross compiler for
ARM (although the normal build instructions are just a bit harder).