killer App for D? (was: State of D on iOS/Android)

Chad J chadjoan at __spam.is.bad__gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 22:27:39 PST 2012

On 01/29/2012 12:42 AM, Andrew Wiley wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 9:11 PM, Nick Sabalausky<a at a.a>  wrote:
>> "Alex Rønne Petersen"<xtzgzorex at gmail.com>  wrote in message
>> news:jg29bs$2dm8$1 at digitalmars.com...
>>>
>>> Yes, D on Android would be great.
>>>
>>> In fact, D already runs on Android if you do some tweaks to the GDC build.
>>> I've managed to get D apps running on both a Galaxy Tab 10.1 and an Efika
>>> MX.
>>>

>> CAN I HAZ DETAILS PLZ?
>> KTHNXBYE
>>

> I can't speak to Android, but I know that building GDC on ARM is
> fairly routine these days. Make sure to build with
> DFLAGS="-fno-section-anchors" in the environment, but otherwise,
> follow the normal build instructions.
> I would assume the same would apply when building a cross compiler for
> ARM (although the normal build instructions are just a bit harder).

http://interaxiom.blogspot.com/2011/08/android-d-stuff.html
See my post there for an example of a "routine" GDC on ARM cross
compiler build not working.  It's the second comment.

Building GCC cross-compilers at all is a huge pain in the ass.  I gave
up on trying for my Android GDC build for the time being because I don't
have infinite hours to mess with that stuff.

Binaries please.